Monster Mash, acrylic and digital, 2010.
I was flipping through my sketchbook and I came across this weird little acrylic sketch that was left unfinished, so I decided to scan it and play around with it a bit in Photoshop. It's nothing great, but it was a fun experiment mixing traditional and digital mediums.
Headache, digital, 2010.
This was just an experiment in rendering flesh tone and texture in Photoshop, using a bunch of different brushes and multiple overlays. Below are a few process stages of the image.
Countess, digital, 2010.
This started out as a doodle in Photoshop, and gradually turned into a portrait of a crotchety old Victorian-esque hag. I kept track of the various stages as I worked:
Tink, digital, 2010.
While trying to get more practice working digitally, I went through one of my old sketchbooks looking for ideas and came across this drawing I did about a year ago:
sketchbook, acrylic, 2009.
I thought it was a fun little drawing, so I decided to go ahead and re-paint it in Photoshop. I started with a really rough black & white version to figure out where everything will go in the new comp; after that, I drew in the line work on a new layer (still keeping it quick and sketchy). From there, I painted each individual element (frog, Tink, etc.) on it's own separate layer until completion. It took a while to finish, but all in all, I'm pretty happy with how it came out.
Cane, Digital 2010.
After I finished the image in my last post, I realized my monitor wasn't calibrated properly for posting digital artwork on the web. This caused the image's color to get distorted, so I made this simple test image to see if I corrected the problem; thankfully, I think it was fixed.